We are here to help
The financial wellbeing of our customers is our top priority. Helping to manage the stress that can result from an unexpected event is something we take very seriously.
We have detailed below a range of support measures that may help you with your individual circumstances. If you are a homeowner, a property investor, business owner or have a personal loan, we are here to help.
Many of us have loans, families, goals, aspirations and firsthand experience with financial hardship. So, we understand.
Financial hardship affects people in different ways.
Give us a call
We will take the time to listen and understand your situation and carefully consider how we can help you get back on track.
Please call us if: You have been unsuccessful with contacting lenders you have outstanding loans with, and…
- You’ve just missed a payment and are looking to catch up.
- You’ve suffered a reduction or loss of income.
- Your circumstances have changed, and you’re concerned about making your loan repayments.
- You’ve been impacted by a natural disaster or COVID-19 and would like to know what assistance options are available to you.
If you’re a business needing funds to support working capital, Premium Finance Group Australia has a panel of lenders with special business loans with the support of the Australian Government.
You may also find the following helpful:
- Department of Human Services website, www.humanservices.gov.au which provides information on crisis and special help available
- Money Smart website, www.moneysmart.gov.au which provides information on managing your finances
Financial counsellors, who can help you:
- Organise your finances and prepare a budget.
- Suggest ways to improve your financial situation.
- See if you are eligible for government assistance or early release of superannuation.
- With options and their consequences, including debt recovery procedures.
If you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed or experiencing mental health difficulties help is available from organisations such as Headspace, Life in Mind Australia, Lifeline Australia and through the Department of Health’s Head to Health platform.
If you are experiencing or feel at risk of domestic or family violence, please call the 24-hour hotline 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) to obtain support.
Government Response to COVID-19
The Australian Government has several support and financial assistance initiatives for individuals and small businesses who find themselves in difficulty due to COVID-19.
Here are a few tips for where you can find further information and apply for this additional help:
- Regularly updated information from the Australian Government on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.australia.gov.au/
- Information about The Australian Government’s Economic Response can be found via the Treasury website. This site includes measures for assisting individuals and businesses through this difficult time, including the Government’s stimulus package: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus